Moodling problems

I have spent much of today banging my head against my monitor trying to get Moodle (v1.8) installed at work on our 1&1-hosted webspace.

It just refuses to work.

The problem, is that it hangs part way through the install, when it’s doing something with MySQL tables. The page tells you to click Continue, but there is no Continue to click. The same error occurs sometimes for v1.6/7 to v1.8 upgrades, but I’m doing a fresh install.

Anyway, after much searching and testing, I managed to find this solution. It seems a bit of a hack, but lo, following it exactly (and paying attention to a follow-up comment with regards to security!) it now works. VLE ARE GO!

Leave a Reply